At The Meadows Primary Academy, we find that children who consolidate their school learning at home, make better progress at school overall. It is with this rationale that we focus our home learning tasks. By setting home learning we aim to encourage a strong and positive partnership between home and school; to enable parents to support classroom work and to ensure that children make the best possible progress.
To ensure consistency across the school, all teachers follow the timetable outlined below regarding homework:
1) Homework is given out every Friday
2) Homework is returned to the class teacher every Wednesday
3) There is a weekly spelling and mental mathematics test within classes.
1) Times tables will be set each week. This will be tested weekly.
2) Spellings will be set each week. This will be tested weekly.
3) Reading will be set and recorded each week.
4) Additional homework may be set by the class teachers.
If homework is not returned on the Wednesday the child will be expected to stay in at break to complete their tasks.